Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tough Moment: Day 1,176

I know most of you are eager to hear about how today went.  Unfortunately, I'm still digesting it.  In fact, I wouldn't be posting at all except that I need all my prayer warriors, pray-ers, and people who will pray every once in a while if there is a good reason to to do some praying with me.

There is one family who I've been concerned about for a while.  It's the family of the single mother whose husband committed suicide about 3 years ago.  She has two children.  I've written about them before if you really want the whole background.  At any rate, I was afraid she would reject the program, and today she didn't show up for the meeting.  So, we showed up at her house after the meeting.  She saw us coming and hid in her house.  She did not want us there; she did not want to talk to us.  Only when we insisted did she open up the door a crack.  Based on her behavior, the following conversation that Ismael and Manuel had with her (in Kaqchikel), and something that Ismael commented to me later about something a friend of his who lives in that area told him, we are concerned that she is also a suicide risk.

The guys have given her 2 days to get the kids enrolled in school as part of the program (because that's all the time we have with school starting next week), and while I would ask that you pray she does that, I also want to ask that this woman either seeks help or that help comes to her.  I am not in a position to be able to help and give her the social support she needs, but I pray that a neighbor or someone comes to counsel her or be a friend or something.  In the 7 months since I first met her, she has slipped a lot; I don't think she has much further to go.  These kids already lost one parent, and I don't want them to lose another.

No comments:

Post a Comment