Monday, January 6, 2014

Humbled and Honored: Day 1,174

I am sitting here next to a binder which contains information on 45 families and scraps of paper with names scribbled on them for about 4 more families who we have not had the time to visit as part of the application process to the program.  This binder also contains 22 nearly blank sheets--11 edged in blue and 11 edged in orange--for the 22 families who will be starting this exciting journey with us on Wednesday.

And I feel greatly honored that God has selected me to head up this program and that these people are giving me the time of day.  And I feel greatly humbled because, middle-class or not, I came from a privileged life compared to these people.  I was provided for my entire life up until now.  I can't imagine what it's like to be an 11-year old selling gum on buses every day so that my family has something to eat.  So, I feel humbled because they know more about hard work than I think I'll ever know.

Just 36 hours to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment