Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mission Moment: May Newsletter

Sadly, the past month has little to report about my work here in Guatemala. If I were to pick one word to sum up the past month, it would be “sick.” I was blessed to meet a doctor here in Antigua about 2 to 3 months ago. She’s a nice person and gives me my consultations for free. So, when I started having debilitating abdominal pain about a month ago, I knew who to talk to. Long story short, I’ve been treated for parasites (which it turned out I didn’t have) and for a bacterial infection of my large intestine (which I actually did have). Between the exhaustion of the infection and the side-effects from the medicines, I’ve been sleeping 12-14 hours per night. In short, I have nothing to report except that I am slowly recuperating.

I can also report that I do have a date for my next trip to the States: May 21-June 6. I look forward to seeing you.

The care and keeping of a missionary

I just ask that you keep my health in your prayers. This infection and the treatment have set my immune system back a bit, and while I have faith that God will heal me, the waiting and lingering pain are annoying and discouraging. As always, I invite you to read my blog at http://GringaOnTheGround.blogspot.com and to e-mail me at asimmer@gmail.com. (Admittedly, not much has been posted on the blog since I got sick.) I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment