Monday, April 9, 2012

Is it difficult to trust God? (Day 537)

Daniel asked me tonight if it is difficult to trust God.
"Many people have trouble with it," I replied.
"Why?" he asked.
"Well..." I hesitated, trying to figure out how to explain it, "in life, many of the people we know, that we trust, let us down.  You spend so much time with a person.  You think you really know them.  You say that you'd have their back if they ever needed anything, but then times get rough, and that person vanishes or doesn't want to help or something.  So, when someone who you can actually see and visit and talk to lets you down, well, many people find it so much harder to trust and invisible being that they can't exactly meet."
"And what about you?" he asked.
"For me it's not too hard," I responded.
"Why not?" he inquired.
"Well," I began as I sat down, "He has been there for me every step of the way.  Yes, things have gotten tough for me from time to time, but God has always been there for me and I've never had too little.  Been close, though...."

At the end of 2007, God taught me what love really is.  Throughout 2011, God taught me to trust in Him.  One really amazing lesson every 4 years?  Can't wait to find out what the topic will be be for 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment