Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Change (Day 380)

When I came to Guatemala, I was not a teacher.  When I came to Guatemala, I didn't speak Spanish all that well.  When I came to Guatemala, I was not entirely comfortable with the idea.  (However, I was sure that it was the direction for my life.)  When I came to Guatemala, I could count all my Guatemalan friends on one hand.

Besides being sure of the direction of my life, all that has changed.  I'm proud to be a survivor.  I certainly couldn't have done it without the support of all of you, and I certainly couldn't have done it without all the good people that God has put in my life down here.  I'm still not entirely the person I need to be, but I'm working on it.  Thanks for your confidence in me and your love for me and your faith in God.  (Or, for those of you who read this and aren't the least bit religious, thanks for believing I could make it this far.  I love you guys too. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment